Want info on Abstract Syntax Trees

kucera@mindspring.com (Mark Kucera)
8 Oct 1997 00:36:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Want info on Abstract Syntax Trees kucera@mindspring.com (1997-10-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kucera@mindspring.com (Mark Kucera)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Oct 1997 00:36:59 -0400

I need some help understanding Abstract Syntax Trees. I understand
their purpose, and how to implement simple expresions but could
someone please show me what something like a variable decl would look
like in a AST? do they exist? or does a variable dec. just get put in
the Symbol Table, and is not represented at all in the AST? If the
AST has a root node that is the start symbol, how do i include a
function declaration (not a function call mind you) in the AST, with
out degenerating the ast into a parse tree. i know exactly how to do
that, but can't find any good resources on ast's that show more than
simple arithmetic expressions.

Please Help

we would appreciate it SO much!!!

Thanks