Re: looking for info ref OLD computer langauges

"W. Craig Trader" <ct7@mitre.org>
24 Sep 1997 22:25:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
looking for info ref OLD computer langauges deenj@mindspring.com (1997-09-12)
Re: looking for info ref OLD computer langauges kevins@ideal.jf.intel.com (Kevin B. Smith) (1997-09-23)
Re: looking for info ref OLD computer langauges ct7@mitre.org (W. Craig Trader) (1997-09-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "W. Craig Trader" <ct7@mitre.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Sep 1997 22:25:07 -0400

Kevin B. Smith wrote:
[ PLX was a PL/I like system programming language at IBM ages ago. }

Pr1me used a variant of PL/1 called PL/P to write most of Primos,
starting at Primos 17.X. PL/P was basically PL/1 with all of the
I/O handling stripped out in favor of using a C-style I/O library.

The PL/P compiler was both fast and efficient, and a massive
improvement over Pr1me's previous system's programming language:
Fortran IV ... <shudder!> Of course, Pr1me and Primos have both
gone the way of the dodo (with the exception of a few remaining
legacy systems).

--
W. Craig Trader, Senior Internet Engineer <ct7@mitre.org>