Holub's "Compiler Design in C" sorces now Shareware

Allen Holub <allen@holub.com>
15 Sep 1997 21:25:46 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Holub's "Compiler Design in C" sorces now Shareware allen@holub.com (Allen Holub) (1997-09-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Allen Holub <allen@holub.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Sep 1997 21:25:46 -0400

Hi Everybody,

        Because I've been having such problems both distributing (and
maintaining) the sources for my book "Compiler Design in C" (Prentice
Hall, 1990), I've decided to distribute it as shareware off my web site
<http://www.holub.com>. I've posted two files up there, a .exe that has
the compressed wintel sources (16-bit for the time being) and a .PDF
file that has the installation instructions and a long list of errata.
The errata list is free, but please pay for the source code if you
download and use it. (There's a form on the web site.) If you opt to
send a check rather than use the on-line form, please "subscribe" to the
web site as well (there's a link just below the title bar) so I can keep
you up to date if anything changes.

- Allen Holub
[I've updated the FAQ. For people who don't use software from Redmond,
Washington, the .exe file is really a ZIP and the .pdf works fine with
xpdf. -John]