Grad School Recommendations for compilers/languages

Tom Stamm <stammt@erols.com>
30 Aug 1997 00:49:06 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Grad School Recommendations for compilers/languages stammt@erols.com (Tom Stamm) (1997-08-30)
Re: Grad School Recommendations for compilers/languages Peter-Lawrence.Montgomery@cwi.nl (1997-08-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Tom Stamm <stammt@erols.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Aug 1997 00:49:06 -0400

Hi, I recently graduated from University of MD, College Park, with a
BS in Comp Sci, and I'm interested in going to grad school next year
(Fall 1998). Does anyone have recommendations for CS grad programs
that are strong in compiler technology, languages, etc? The undergrad
courses that I found most interesting centered around this area and
I'd like to continue learning about it!

I'm not ruling out foreign (foreign == non-US) schools, but US schools
are preferable just to keep life easier. Other than that geographical
location isn't much of an issue. My grades and GREs are above average,
especially in my major, but still pretty far from straight-A's. And
yes I realize that above-average for the undergrad crowd is usually
average, if that, for those heading to grad schools :(

One of my advisors recommended looking into Rice, Rutgers and Purdue...

Thanks
-Tom Stamm