Re: Visual Parse Problem!

Paul Curtis <paul.curtis@ra-ltd.demon.co.uk>
9 Aug 1997 20:13:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Visual Parse Problem! mbracey@interaccess.com (Mark Bracey) (1997-08-07)
Re: Visual Parse Problem! paul.curtis@ra-ltd.demon.co.uk (Paul Curtis) (1997-08-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Paul Curtis <paul.curtis@ra-ltd.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Aug 1997 20:13:38 -0400

Mark Bracey writes

[ snip ]

>Since it is difficult to get support from Sandstone (Bill Donahue), does
>anybody know if this problem been fixed in the latest release?

I have also had problems with Visual Parse, both with the VP
environment crashing, the "drop in" Modula-2 grammar not working, and
nonexistent support from SandStone, again Bill Donahue. They don't
bother replying to e-mails or faxes. I've been promised a FOC upgrade
from the dealer in the UK, but it is yet to materialise, so I can't
answer your question. And yes, I've had problems with the reduce file
and synchronization, but I really can't be bothered to report these to
SandStone -- I won't be using this product for future work. And this
ain't cheap software either.

--
Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd.
e-mail: plc@ra-ltd.demon.co.uk