Writing Source Code Translators ???

"Conrad W. Taylor" <cwtaylor@tasc.com>
7 Aug 1997 15:24:03 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Writing Source Code Translators ??? cwtaylor@tasc.com (Conrad W. Taylor) (1997-08-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Conrad W. Taylor" <cwtaylor@tasc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Aug 1997 15:24:03 -0400

How are you doing? I was wondering, could anyone direct me to a
pratical reference with good examples for writing a source code
translator? I'm wanting to write a translator which takes a language
A and translates it to language B. At thie time, I'm concentrating on
object oriented languages but I would like to also go from a
procedural language like C to an object oriented language like Java
and viceversa. I'm sure the process involves lexers and grammars but
I'm not sure about the details for creating the mappings from one
language feature to another based on the destination's grammar.

Thanks in advance,

--
o ''' Conrad Taylor o
o (o o) Associate Member of Technical Staff o