Re: Win32 Debugging

"John Robbins" <john@jprobbins.com>
22 May 1997 22:25:13 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Win32 Debugging dave@powerbasic.com (1997-05-17)
Re: Win32 Debugging jukkaj@ping.at (JUKKA) (1997-05-22)
Re: Win32 Debugging john@jprobbins.com (John Robbins) (1997-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "John Robbins" <john@jprobbins.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 May 1997 22:25:13 -0400

> Can anyone point me to references on writing a debugger in 32-bit
> Windows?

There is always the DEB sample on the MSDN. There are a few articles
floating around, there was one in Windows Developer's Journal, June
1994, "Setting Breakpoints in a Windows NT Debugger" that might help.
I also have an article coming in the August '97 issue of Microsoft
Systems Journal where I discuss writing WIN32 debuggers. If you
haven't guessed, writing WIN32 debuggers is a little bit of a black
art. I write them for a living (I work at NuMega) and even though I
have done it for a while, I am still stumbling over things after all
this time.

Good luck,

John Robbins