M5 and hygenic macros question

"Dwight VandenBerghe" <dwight@pentasoft.com>
22 May 1997 21:49:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
M5 and hygenic macros question dwight@pentasoft.com (Dwight VandenBerghe) (1997-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Dwight VandenBerghe" <dwight@pentasoft.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 May 1997 21:49:38 -0400

I am looking for references to the state of the art in macro
processing. I've read "Programmable Syntax Macros" by Weise and Crew,
and some of the Scheme material on hygenic macros (that don't
"capture" local variables by having temp names inside the macro that
accidentally have the same names as the user's locals). I also saw a
reference to M5, supposedly a successor to m4, by Dain Samples, but it
was five years or more ago. Anybody know if M5, or something similar,
exists? Thanks.

Dwight