language independent intermediate representation

amir@cs.washington.edu (Amir Michail)
8 May 1997 21:45:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
language independent intermediate representation amir@cs.washington.edu (1997-05-08)
Re: language independent intermediate representation chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (1997-05-12)
language independent intermediate representation Dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk (Dave Lloyd) (1997-05-12)
Re: language independent intermediate representation mark@omnifest.uwm.edu (1997-05-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: amir@cs.washington.edu (Amir Michail)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 May 1997 21:45:07 -0400

Hi,

I am working on a project where I need to perform various analyses on
a language independent intermediate format. I was looking into the
gnu RTL and parse tree structures and I am not sure what to use. I
will probably need to convert the structure into a program dependence
graph or something similar. I will also need to convert the result
back into source code (in a fixed language independent of the original
source language).

After reading the GNU documentation, it appears that RTL may not be
ideal for this purpose. What should I use?

Amir