Motorola is mail bombing comp.compilers contributors

John R Levine <compilers-request@iecc.com>
8 May 1997 13:00:43 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Motorola is mail bombing comp.compilers contributors compilers-request@iecc.com (John R Levine) (1997-05-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: John R Levine <compilers-request@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 May 1997 13:00:43 -0400

An extremely broken mail gateway at wave.sps.mot.com has been sending
hundreds of bogus bounce messages to everyone whose messages were
posted to comp.compilers in the past several days. I have been unable
to get the attention of anyone at Motorola who can do anything about
it. This happened once before, and took several days for Motorola to
notice.

I have removed the subscriber from COMPIL-L (the mailing list version
of comp.compilers) and won't permit any subscriptions from that domain
in the future, but if there are any readers at Motorola who can assist
in getting the spew stopped, I and many other people would be very
grateful.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator,
johnl@iecc.com, http://iecc.com/compilers