how to handle precedence?

Cristian Almstrand <el9401@elektro.ing.hb.se>
4 May 1997 22:06:14 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
how to handle precedence? el9401@elektro.ing.hb.se (Cristian Almstrand) (1997-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Cristian Almstrand <el9401@elektro.ing.hb.se>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 May 1997 22:06:14 -0400

I have developed a LALR parser but would like to make it possible to
use precedence operators like the one yacc uses ("%left", "%right",
"%token"). My only source of infomation concerning this have been the
dragon book but I havn't found anything on how theese operators would
affect the shift/reducen actions. Can someone help me with this?

I'm sure this is a trivial problem but since I am pretty new in the
area of Compiler-design (examination project) I would be most obliged
if you could help. Also, the time is running out and I only have 1
week to work this out so please do not refer to any litterature if
possible since I might not be able to get the books in time.

Thanks.