JavaCC enhanced to offer Grammar Coverage Checking using JavaScope

Sriram Sankar <sriram.sankar@Sun.COM>
4 May 1997 22:04:32 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
JavaCC enhanced to offer Grammar Coverage Checking using JavaScope sriram.sankar@Sun.COM (Sriram Sankar) (1997-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sriram Sankar <sriram.sankar@Sun.COM>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 May 1997 22:04:32 -0400

We released a new version of JavaCC last week in conjunction with a
source code coverage tool called JavaScope. JavaScope has been
integrated with JavaCC to offer grammar coverage checking. (JavaCC is
a parser generator for Java.)

Essentially, with such a capability, you can measure how much you have
tested your grammar by taking a look at what parts of the grammar have
and have not been exercised by your test inputs.

JavaCC is available at the usual place http://www.suntest.com/JavaCC/
and JavaScope is available from http://www.suntest.com/JavaScope/.

I'm quite excited about the grammar coverage concept - please try it
out and let me know how useful you think it is.

Sriram.