Re: ELF to COFF Convertor

arnold@mathcs.emory.edu (Arnold D. Robbins)
27 Feb 1997 00:43:43 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ELF to COFF Convertor sarnaik@asic.mtv.nec.com (1997-02-16)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor rfg@monkeys.com (1997-02-27)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor arnold@mathcs.emory.edu (1997-02-27)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor lfm@pgroup.com (1997-03-01)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1997-03-01)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor jgj@ssd.csd.harris.com (1997-03-05)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1997-03-14)
Re: ELF to COFF Convertor jgj@ssd.csd.harris.com (1997-03-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: arnold@mathcs.emory.edu (Arnold D. Robbins)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Feb 1997 00:43:43 -0500

Ajit Sarnaik SC2202 <sarnaik@asic.mtv.nec.com> wrote:
>I am trying to find if there exists an ELF to COFF convertor that not only
>converts the execution sections such as text and data, but also the debug
>information. Any help would be appreciated.

The SparcLinux people early on had an ELF to a.out converter so people
could do development under Solaris. More generally, the GNU binutils
use a library called BFD (binary file description) for managing object
file formats. One of the utils is called 'objcopy' that can be made to
read one format and copy the file using another. If what you want
isn't there already, it should not be hard to build from the base
facilities that are there.

You can get the current binutils from prep.ai.mit.edu, or any
convenient GNU mirror.
--
Arnold Robbins -- guest account at Emory Math/CS
Email: arnold@gnu.ai.mit.edu