ANNOUNCE: New Version of Jack (JavaCC) Released

sankar@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Sriram Sankar)
22 Feb 1997 23:12:03 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ANNOUNCE: New Version of Jack (JavaCC) Released sankar@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (1997-02-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sankar@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Sriram Sankar)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Feb 1997 23:12:03 -0500

We are pleased to announce the new release of JavaCC (previously Jack).
This is version 0.6(Beta) and is fully upward compatible with the
previous version (0.5).

You can download the release by following links to the JavaCC home
page from:

      http://www.suntest.com/

This version of JavaCC enhances Version 0.5 which was released on
October 22, 1996 with the following features (for more detailed
information on changes, please read the file javacc.RELEASENOTES in
the doc directory):

Improvements from version 0.5 :

. Runs on both JDK1.0.2 and JDK1.1.
. Improved performance.
. Robustization through hundreds of email interactions with over
    600 serious users.
. Many more examples including Java 1.1 and HTML grammars.

New Features :

. Semantic lookahead.
. Lexical states and lexical actions.
. Case-insensitive lexical analysis.
. More extensive debugging capabilities.
. Special token processing to allow handling of tokens such as
    comments during parsing.
. Includes a tree building preprocessor.
. Includes documentation generation.
. Better error reporting.

You can contact us using the email address:

        javacc-help@asap.eng.sun.com

You can find out about other mailing lists from our web pages.

We hope you enjoy using the new product!

                The JavaCC Team:
                      Rob Duncan
                      Sriram Sankar
                      Sreeni Viswanadha