Re: C++ -> C

jsa@edg.com (J. Stephen Adamczyk)
12 Jan 1997 11:50:55 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ -> C Per.Heggtveit@fou.telenor.no (Per Olav Heggtveit) (1997-01-09)
Re: C++ -> C robison@kai.com (Arch Robison) (1997-01-12)
Re: C++ -> C morris@CAM.ORG (1997-01-12)
Re: C++ -> C jsa@edg.com (1997-01-12)
Re: C++ -> C james@wgold.demon.co.uk (James Mansion) (1997-01-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jsa@edg.com (J. Stephen Adamczyk)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Jan 1997 11:50:55 -0500

Per Olav Heggtveit <Per.Heggtveit@fou.telenor.no> writes:
>I need to convert C++ code to C code (semi)automaticly.
>Has anyone good or bad experience with a certain compiler/tool
>for doing this?
>[Is there anything other than cfront? -John]

Edison Design Group's C++ Front End can be configured to generate C
code as its output. As with cfront, this is not "translation" in the
sense that you would want to keep and maintain the generated C code.
But if you want to be able to compile C++ to C and then use a C
compiler to generate object code, it may be exactly what you want.

EDG itself is only in the business of licensing source code, but some
of EDG's customers do sell end-user versions that generate C code (see
http://www.edg.com/customers.html and
http://www.edg.com/resellers.html).

Steve Adamczyk