How Java Compiler worked

zxq <s605@pdns.nudt.edu.cn>
24 Dec 1996 22:11:29 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How Java Compiler worked s605@pdns.nudt.edu.cn (zxq) (1996-12-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: zxq <s605@pdns.nudt.edu.cn>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Dec 1996 22:11:29 -0500

Hi

I have read a paper which describe how the Java virtual meathine
worked. Now I understand how the class file organized and the basic
instructions of the VM, but I wonder how the compiler map the Java
program to the basic instructions. If I understand all this , I think
it will be easier for me to do my work as I'm a member of a group
which want to develop a Ada compiler.

In fact, I want a simple Java compiler's source code or the documents
about this. To read the source code of Java compiler (or documents) is
much easier than to read the code of Ada compiler, I think.

Thanks.

mailto:s605@nudt.edu.cn
[Is code generation for Java any different from code generation for other
Fortran-like languages? -John]