User definable operators

William Clodius <wclodius@lanl.gov>
14 Dec 1996 00:38:47 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
User definable operators wclodius@lanl.gov (William Clodius) (1996-12-14)
Re: User definable operators fjh@murlibobo.cs.mu.OZ.AU (1996-12-15)
Re: User definable operators cef@geodesic.com (Charles Fiterman) (1996-12-15)
Re: User definable operators mslamm@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il (Ehud Lamm) (1996-12-15)
Re: User definable operators ddean@CS.Princeton.EDU (1996-12-15)
Re: User definable operators dennis@netcom.com (1996-12-15)
Re: User definable operators fjh@mundook.cs.mu.OZ.AU (1996-12-15)

From: William Clodius <wclodius@lanl.gov>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Dec 1996 00:38:47 -0500

Many programming languages allow the user to overload of language
defined operators. But a few languages also allow the user to define
their own operators. I would like to have some feedback on the
experience of others with user definable operators with respect to
specifying their syntax, associativity, precedence, semantics (e.g.,
side effects or not), etc.
--
William B. Clodius Phone: (505)-665-9370
Los Alamos Nat. Lab., NIS-2 FAX: (505)-667-3815