Re: Threadsafe parser generators?

Martin.Jourdan@inria.fr (Martin Jourdan)
10 Dec 1996 12:05:50 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Threadsafe parser generators? c.coles@slh0633.wins.icl.co.uk (Wilf Coles) (1996-12-07)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? jlilley@empathy.com (1996-12-09)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? Martin.Jourdan@inria.fr (1996-12-10)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? car@mothra.lbl.gov (Chuck Rendleman) (1996-12-14)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1996-12-15)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? paulpaul@knoware.nl (1996-12-15)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? c.coles@slh0633.wins.icl.co.uk (Wilf Coles) (1996-12-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Martin.Jourdan@inria.fr (Martin Jourdan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Dec 1996 12:05:50 -0500

Wilf Coles <c.coles@slh0633.wins.icl.co.uk> wrote (=E9crivait)=A0:

|> Does anyone know of any threadsafe parser generators (for C),
|> i.e. that will generate parsers to work in a multi threaded
|> environment. All of the parser generators that I am aware of rely on
|> global or static data and so it is not possible to run two instances
|> of a parser concurrently in two different threads.

SYNTAX, a production-quality scanner and parser generator, produces
fully-reentrant scanners and parsers suitable for running in a multi
threaded environment. Indeed, all the tables, stacks and other static
and dynamic data that define e.g. a parser are grouped in a structure
that is passed to the generic and reentrant table interpreter, so that
multiple instances of the same or different parsers can coexist.

SYNTAX was developed at INRIA by Pierre Boullier
<Pierre.Boullier@inria.fr>. Contact him directly for more information.

                                                                                Martin Jourdan

Avant-projet OSCAR, INRIA, Rocquencourt, France
Phone +33-(0)1-39-63-54-35, fax +33-(0)1-39-63-56-98, Martin.Jourdan@inria.fr
Home page and PGP key: http://www-rocq.inria.fr/who/Martin.Jourdan/