386 code generation with arithmetic overflow handling

M.D.Poole@ukc.ac.uk (mdp2)
15 Nov 1996 10:35:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
386 code generation with arithmetic overflow handling M.D.Poole@ukc.ac.uk (1996-11-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: M.D.Poole@ukc.ac.uk (mdp2)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Nov 1996 10:35:41 -0500

Can anyone recommend a good source of material on code generation for
386 and successor architectures?

I am particularly interested in the best code sequences for performing
arithmetic operations with full overflow checking, as the language I am
compiling (occam) defines that all such overflows shall be trapped.
--
Michael Poole, Research Fellow, Computing Laboratory, University of Kent,
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NF, England Tel:01227 827553