Re: Transport Triggered Architectures

tm2@nntp1.best.com (Toshi Morita)
1 Nov 1996 17:47:01 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Transport Triggered Architectures RDREILIN@mailgw.sanders.lockheed.com (RDREILIN) (1996-10-30)
Re: Transport Triggered Architectures tm2@nntp1.best.com (1996-11-01)
Re: Transport Triggered Architectures anton@a0.complang.tuwien.ac.at (1996-11-01)
Re: Transport Triggered Architectures tm2@nntp1.best.com (1996-11-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: tm2@nntp1.best.com (Toshi Morita)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Nov 1996 17:47:01 -0500

RDREILIN (RDREILIN@mailgw.sanders.lockheed.com) wrote:
: Looking for references and info to this special architecture especially
: software development tools and compilers.

I think there were two articles on it, one in Compiler Construction
'92 and one in '94. There's some guys working on it at the University
of Delft, I think.

In a nutshell, I would describe it as a post-VLIW architecture with
the paradigm shift where your opcode bits are controlling the data bus
routing inside the processor instead of the functional units
themselves.

Since I don't know of any actual commercial processors which are TTA,
I think you're a little premature in your inquiry about software
development tools and compilers. :) If I remember correctly, most of
the work so far had been done on an simulation of an i860 with a
TTA-style architecture.

Toshi