Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend

Sergey Solyanik <Sergey.Solyanik@bentley.com>
1 Nov 1996 17:46:37 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
z80 C cross compiler/backend allan@hpoprb.cern.ch (1996-10-30)
Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend Sergey.Solyanik@bentley.com (Sergey Solyanik) (1996-11-01)
Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend wilker@hopf.math.purdue.edu (1996-11-03)
Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend nahshon@best.com (Itai Nahshon) (1996-11-05)
Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend tsullivan@serv2.fwi.com (1996-11-12)
Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend imb@walkabout.asstdc.com.au (1996-11-14)
Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend Jeff_Wieland@ces.purdue.edu (1996-11-14)
Re: z80 C cross compiler/backend mwilson@cts.com (1996-11-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sergey Solyanik <Sergey.Solyanik@bentley.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm,comp.compilers
Date: 1 Nov 1996 17:46:37 -0500

Allan Skillman wrote:

> Does anyone know of the existence of a C compiler which can produce
> Z80 assembly output.

Allan,

There is number of solutions to your problem. Firstly, there are
several CP/M/intel8080 emulators on PC that will allow you to run CP/M
programs on PC. I've actually developed some i8080 code this way 6
years ago. These tools are in public domain, you will probably find
them by searching the net for "CP/M emulators".

Also, I've seen at least 3 different C compilers that run on i8080 on
CP/M. One is Aztech C80, another is MicroSoft MSC and I forgot what
is the third one. If you will have hard times finding these sort of
tools, send me eMail. I might still have some ancient tools...

Second solution is lcc compiler by C. Fraser and D. Hanson ("A
retargetable C Compiler: Design and Implementation"). This thing is
indeed easily retargetable and quite small (10000 lines of code or
so).

Regards --

Sergey.Solyanik@bentley.com