C/C++ Expression Parsing with Visual Parse++

Mark Bracey <mbracey@interaccess.com>
3 Oct 1996 22:59:18 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C/C++ Expression Parsing with Visual Parse++ mbracey@interaccess.com (Mark Bracey) (1996-10-03)
Re: C/C++ Expression Parsing with Visual Parse++ jlilley@ix.netcom.com (1996-10-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Mark Bracey <mbracey@interaccess.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Oct 1996 22:59:18 -0400

I'm new to this group and am wondering if anyone could give me a few
hints on using Visual Parse++ to create an expression evaluation
parser for C/C++. The difficulty I am encountering deals with the
ability to support a symbol table. I don't want to do a symbol table
look up every time I resolve an expression so I need to parse to a
stream of tokens, and then be able to resolve that stream on a demand
basis.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Bracey
mbracey@interaccess.com
[What's the problem with a symbol table lookup? You have to bind your tokens
to the symbols they represent sooner or later. -John]