Re: COFF to ELF translator

Troy DeJongh <troyd@dgii.com>
20 Jul 1996 21:31:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COFF to ELF translator lucile@sonytel.be (Lucile Cognard) (1996-07-18)
Re: COFF to ELF translator troyd@dgii.com (Troy DeJongh) (1996-07-20)
Re: COFF to ELF translator rfg@monkeys.com (1996-07-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Troy DeJongh <troyd@dgii.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Jul 1996 21:31:59 -0400

Lucile Cognard writes:
:
: Does it exist a translator from COFF format to ELF format?
:
: I browsed the Web without success and it seems to me
: that it must exist somewhere.

Look at binutils from the GNU distribution. There is a program called
'objcopy' that will allow you to do this. I've taken COFF executables from
SCO UNIX and put them on my Solaris 2.5 X86 box and done a:

objcopy -I coff-i386 -O elf32-i386 sco_coff_file new_elf_file

The resulting file, 'new_elf_file', will actually be an ELF file now
that will execute on Solaris x86. Of course, ALL executables may not
work; your mileage may vary.

--
Troy de Jongh