Macro assembly preprocessing

munk@natlab.research.philips.com
8 Jun 1996 18:31:44 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Macro assembly preprocessing munk@natlab.research.philips.com (1996-06-08)
Re: Macro assembly preprocessing bill@qstools.com (1996-06-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: munk@natlab.research.philips.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Jun 1996 18:31:44 -0400

I am looking for a public domain macro preprocessor for assembly
language programs.

I considered using cpp, but its syntax deviates too much from what is
common in assembly languages.

Apart from macro expansion, the preprocessor should also be capable of
conditional assembly and repeated assembly.

In general, what I am looking for is a free of shareware of commercial
tool that accepts and expands, but not assembles, languages such as
MASM for the PC.

Does anyone know such a tool?

Thanks in advance,

Harm Munk

| Harm Munk | Building WL 1.5.15 |
| Philips Research Laboratories | Prof. Holstlaan 4 |
| Silicon Enabling Group | 5656 AA Eindhoven |
| email: | The Netherlands |
| munk@natlab.research.philips.com | tel. +31 40 274 25 53 |
[How about m4? -John]