decompilers for Borland C 2.5

Robert Eineigl <robertei@redtech.com>
21 May 1996 16:19:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
decompilers for Borland C 2.5 robertei@redtech.com (Robert Eineigl) (1996-05-21)
Re: decompilers for Borland C 2.5 pardo@cs.washington.edu (1996-05-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Robert Eineigl <robertei@redtech.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 May 1996 16:19:55 -0400

Hello People:

Please muffle your scornful derision for a second!

It is not my source code that is unavailable; the situation is the result of
a programmer leaving under a cloud and taking his toys and source home with
him!

So, I am looking for a tool to decompile the executable written in Borland C
v2.5.

I am aware that disassemblers exist that result in assembly code minus all
symbolic/friendly names for functions and variable names.

I found a reference to a C decompiler at:

http://crg.cs.utas.edu.au/dcc.html

Has anyone used the dcc tool referenced on this page or heard of any other
such tools (C decompilers)?

Any constructive comments welcomed.

Thanks,
=><=robert
[I have never seen an '86 decompiler that did anything more than generate
assembler in C syntax. -John]