How to write Macro preprocessor ?

skwong@mae.cuhk.hk (Wong Sai-kee)
29 Apr 1996 23:30:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to write Macro preprocessor ? skwong@mae.cuhk.hk (1996-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: skwong@mae.cuhk.hk (Wong Sai-kee)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Apr 1996 23:30:25 -0400

I am doing cross development on MSDOS. I need to write ASM codes for
4-bit uC. But the XASM supplied is not a macro assembler which force
me to type tedious code. I decided to write a preprocessor to
translate Macro codes to the codes defined by the manufacturer. Since
I know nothing about lex and yacc, can you give me a pointer(s) on how
to start writing such utilities (probably with lex and yacc).

Thanks

Mr.Sai-Kee Wong
[I'd use cpp or m4, both of which already exist and are available for free
in source form. -John]