Re: YACC documentation tool - where to find

nr@cs.purdue.edu (Norman Ramsey)
29 Apr 1996 23:09:43 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
YACC documentation tool - where to find gbruce@ti.com (1996-04-19)
Re: YACC documentation tool - where to find masticol@scr.siemens.com (1996-04-22)
Re: YACC documentation tool - where to find nr@cs.purdue.edu (1996-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: nr@cs.purdue.edu (Norman Ramsey)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.unix.questions
Date: 29 Apr 1996 23:09:43 -0400

Steve Masticola <masticol@scr.siemens.com> wrote:
>[pointer to yyref, a cross-referencer for Yacc source]
>
>Interesting variant: An HTML- or Java-based cross-referencer for yacc
>grammars (or programs in any other language).

It's a bit off-topic, but my literate-programming tool, noweb, comes
with approximate cross-referencers for C, Icon, Pascal, Standard ML,
TeX, and yacc source. I've been trying to find a student who wants to
make it possible to exploit fully accurate cross-reference information
from a compiler, but so far no takers...

> (It's possible, though difficult, to do this in plain HTML, due to
> the fact that cross-references are many-to-many relations.

When generating HTML, noweb takes each use to a definition, which goes
to an index, which goes to all uses and definitions. Tolerable.
--
Norman Ramsey
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/nr