Re: Ada GC

jsa@organon.com (Jon S Anthony)
14 Feb 1996 21:32:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Re: Ada GC boehm@parc.xerox.com (1996-02-13)
Re: Ada GC yanowitz@mcet.edu (1996-02-13)
Re: Ada GC kelvin@cs.iastate.edu (1996-02-13)
Re: Ada GC stt@copperfield.camb.inmet.com (1996-02-13)
Re: Ada GC rfg@monkeys.com (1996-02-13)
Re: Ada GC boehm@parc.xerox.com (1996-02-14)
Re: Ada GC jsa@organon.com (1996-02-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jsa@organon.com (Jon S Anthony)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.ada
Date: 14 Feb 1996 21:32:38 -0500

rfg@monkeys.com (Ronald F. Guilmette) writes:
> Check the C++ language standard... library section.
>
> (Certainly of the STL library operations have time complexity requirements
> in the draft standard.)

They are not talking about general time complexity stuff (big-O,
little-o, Theta, etc.) They are talking about actual maximal time
constraints as in something like, "...this operation has time bounds
such that under circumstance ..., it will not exceed 100micro seconds,
under ...." Of course this is related to time complexity, but is not
the same thing.

/Jon
--
Jon Anthony