Re: Pretty printer for yacc

Scott Stanchfield <the_tick@access.digex.com>
4 Feb 1996 00:59:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pretty printer for yacc charlie@halcyon.com (1996-01-29)
Re: Pretty printer for yacc the_tick@access.digex.com (Scott Stanchfield) (1996-02-04)
Re: Pretty printer for yacc gilmont@sci3 (Tanguy Gilmont) (1996-02-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Scott Stanchfield <the_tick@access.digex.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Feb 1996 00:59:54 -0500

Charles Castellow wrote:
> Does anyone have/know of a pretty printer for yacc?

I'm not sure whether I should say this or not...

I've written one that will split the yacc and action code, run the
action code through GNU indent, perform special pretty-printing on the
yacc rules, then re-merge them.

I am currently working on a book that contains this tool and several
others to help make Yacc easier to use. (I have submitted a proposal,
and the tools are in good shape. I'm waiting for a response to the
proposal.)

I'll need to wait until I know more about whether the book will be
published before I can give you the tool, though.

-- Scott