langage for mapping algorithms on SIMD/MIMD computer?

nicolas contandriopoulos <contandr@vlsi.polymtl.ca>
31 Jan 1996 23:32:03 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
langage for mapping algorithms on SIMD/MIMD computer? contandr@vlsi.polymtl.ca (nicolas contandriopoulos) (1996-01-31)
Re: langage for mapping algorithms on SIMD/MIMD computer? cdg@nullstone.com (1996-02-01)
langage for mapping algorithms on SIMD/MIMD computer? dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk (Dave Lloyd) (1996-02-01)
Re: langage for mapping algorithms on SIMD/MIMD computer? prahlad@newsgate.dircon.co.uk (Prahladavaradan Sampath) (1996-02-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: nicolas contandriopoulos <contandr@vlsi.polymtl.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Jan 1996 23:32:03 -0500

Hello,

      Our work group implementing a multi-processors computer base on a
series of SIMD processors and a single MIMD processor.

    We are looking for a programming language (base on C) which can
include some partitionning directives (SIMD/MIMD). We are tending
towards CC, CC++ or C*, but with these languages, we fear that we will
be unable carry out a manual mapping (therefore a sufficiently fine
grained mapping).

    We would appreciate any remarks or suggestions you might have on
our choices.

    Thanks in advance.

              Nicolas Contandriopoulos Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal.
              e-mail: contandr@vlsi.polymtl.ca