Code Generation for Inetrface Builders and Visual Languages

sriniv@cerc.wvu.edu (Srinivas Kankanahalli)
30 Dec 1995 01:08:19 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code Generation for Inetrface Builders and Visual Languages sriniv@cerc.wvu.edu (1995-12-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sriniv@cerc.wvu.edu (Srinivas Kankanahalli)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Dec 1995 01:08:19 -0500

Hi
    Would someone kindly point me to references and practical
implementations of algorithms and techniques for code generation from
visual builders. For example BuilderXcessory or Visual C++ or Visual
basic? Especially I am interested in how the code generation is done
from the combinations of visual components. Code Optimization issues
and other related topics are also of interest to me.

Thanks in Advance

With Best Wishes

Srinivas
Srinivas Kankanahalli
Assistant Professor
Dept of Computer Science and Concurrent Engg Research Center
West Virginia University, Morgantown.
Email : srini@cs.wvu.edu

                          or
                sriniv@cerc.wvu.edu
[In the limited number of builders I've looked at, the code seemed to be
generated by a straightforward walk over the tree of screen objects. -John]