Project experience PCCTS vs Karlsruhe CCS

jipferur@si.ehu.es (C.R. Fern\andez Rup\irez)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 18:00:39 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Project experience PCCTS vs Karlsruhe CCS jipferur@si.ehu.es (1995-11-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: jipferur@si.ehu.es (C.R. Fern\andez Rup\irez)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 18:00:39 GMT

After studying for a while PCCTS and the Karlsruhe
compiler construction set, I wonder if Karlsruhe abstract-
syntax tree construction automation facilities compensate
for the lack of parsing hints information in PCCTs (in
the form of backtracking support, lookaheads as rule
recognition hints, ...).

Has anyone worked in a research or production project
with these tools (I suppose that at least one of them was
used only at first stages :-) ), and can comment on its
experience with the compromise ?

Ray Fernandez
Universidad del Pais Vasco
Spain