Error recovery in byacc

grosch@cocolab.sub.com
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 06:15:01 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Error recovery in byacc derek@knosof.co.uk (1995-11-03)
Error recovery in byacc grosch@cocolab.sub.com (1995-11-16)
Error recovery in byacc derek@knosof.co.uk (1995-11-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: grosch@cocolab.sub.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 06:15:01 GMT

(Derek M Jones <derek@knosof.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anybody give me pointers to parsers containing error recovery that
> are based on the byacc generated tables?

The parser generator Lark of the Cocktail Toolbox generates parsers with
error recovery. This is not exactly what you are asking for. Inspite of
this the references used for Lark might be of interest:

%A J. Roehrich
%T Syntax-Error Recovery in LR-Parsers
%E H.-J. Schneider
%E M. Nagl
%S Programmiersprachen, 4. Fachtagung der GI, Erlangen
%B Informatik-Fachberichte
%V 1
%P 175-184
%C Berlin
%I Springer Verlag
%D 1976

%A J. Roehrich
%T Methods for the Automatic Construction of Error Correcting Parsers
%J Acta Informatica
%V 13
%N 2
%P 115-139
%D 1980

%A J. Roehrich
%T Behandlung syntaktischer Fehler
%J Informatik Spektrum
%V 5
%N 3
%P 171-184
%I Springer Verlag
%D 1982

%A J. Roehrich
%T Automatic Construction of Error Correcting Parsers
%I Dissertation, Faculty for Informatik, University of Karlsruhe
%D 1978

Note, the last name of the author is spelled correctly with umlaut: R"ohrich

Best regards

Dr. Josef Grosch

CoCoLab
Hagsfelder Allee 16