Re: `Cache Management by the Compiler', required urgently

chase@centerline.com (David Chase)
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:54:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
`Cache Management by the Compiler', required urgently gdevivo@conicit.ve.) (1995-10-01)
Re: `Cache Management by the Compiler', required urgently chase@centerline.com (1995-10-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: chase@centerline.com (David Chase)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:54:22 GMT

gdevivo@conicit.ve (Gabriela de Vivo (UCV).) writes:

> I just started a research project related to the Cache management by Compilers.
> Although any pointer would be very appreciated, I am specially interested
> in the PHD Thesis
> `Cache Management by the Compiler' by Thabit K.O. -Rice 1981-.
> I wrote to Rice, but they seem not to know about this work. So I wonder if
> some of you can give me a clue about where to find the thesis.

Probably no FTP-able papers, but you should be able to get a paper
copy from University Microfilms Inc (they're in Ann Arbor, Michigan,
USA). I don't have their proper address handy but their phone number
is 1-313-761-4700. You can get paper-back or hard-back, and they
take major credit cards. Given that you know the university, date,
title, and author (first name spelled Khalid, I believe), they should
be able to get you a copy. Khalid is a real person, he did go to Rice,
and to the best of my knowledge he graduated with a PhD, and thus UMI
will have a copy of his dissertation. And, there are certainly people
at Rice who know about his work, but they're probably not the ones you
talked to.

David Chase