Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic

"Britz, William" <wbritz@gp804.jsc.nasa.gov>
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:05:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic wbritz@gp804.jsc.nasa.gov (Britz, William) (1995-08-10)
Re: Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic Steve_Kilbane@cegelecproj.co.uk (1995-08-14)
Re: Converting Rocky Mountain (HP) Basic geinjf@inet.uni-c.dk (Jack Frederiksen) (1995-08-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Britz, William" <wbritz@gp804.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:05:00 GMT

We have some old (1985?) Hp9000 systems that we have built lots of BASIC
language apps on. We have (regrettably for some of us) been directed to
excess these machines and we need to get our apps moved over to some other
machine. Some of apps have been rewritten in Fortran of C on Unix
platforms, but we continue to find that our HpBasic code has options that
are too costly to implement in terms of time and $$.

So the question is, does anyone know any methods to convert HpBASIC to some
other language, be it Fortran, C, Ada, Pascal, Visual Basic, anything. I
have tried without much success to use the TransEra HtBasic for Windows
interpretor. It just doesn't have all the BASIC language elements.

Any help in this matter is GREATLY appreciated.
Bill Britz
wbritz@gp804.jsc.nasa.gov
Orbit Flight Dynamics
Johnson Space Center