handling array reshapes during array section analysis

mcintosh@rice.edu (Nathaniel McIntosh)
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:01:23 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
handling array reshapes during array section analysis mcintosh@rice.edu (1995-06-27)
handling array reshapes during array section analysis dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk (Dave Lloyd) (1995-06-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: mcintosh@rice.edu (Nathaniel McIntosh)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:01:23 GMT

Fellow compiler hackers,

I am looking for references to techniques/algorithms that deal with
handling array reshapes (in Fortran) at call sites as part of
interprocedural array section analysis. This is a topic which is
covered somewhat sparsely in most of the literature I've seen; I'd be
interested in hear from anyone who has wrestled with this problem in
the past. I'm also quite interested in any kind of empirical study on
how frequently reshapes happen "in practice" (i.e. for common
benchmark programs).

I'll post a summary of the responses if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks,

Nat
--
Nathaniel McIntosh | Department of Computer Science
mcintosh@cs.rice.edu | Rice University, Mail Stop 41