INTERMEDIATE CODE DESIGN

stephen.suryaputra@icon.singnet.com.sg (STEPHEN SURYAPUTRA)
Sat, 24 Jun 1995 12:11:55 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
INTERMEDIATE CODE DESIGN stephen.suryaputra@icon.singnet.com.sg (1995-06-24)
Intermediate code design david.stone@cambridge.simoco.com (David Stone 5887) (1998-01-05)
Re: Intermediate code design gclind01@spd.louisville.edu (1998-01-06)
Re: Intermediate code design chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (1998-01-06)
Re: Intermediate code design cef@geodesic.com (Charles Fiterman) (1998-01-08)
Re: Intermediate code design roques@scalar.pond.sub.org (Christian von Roques) (1998-01-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: stephen.suryaputra@icon.singnet.com.sg (STEPHEN SURYAPUTRA)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 12:11:55 GMT

I'm currently writing a full ANSI C compiler, and I want to make the
compiler very portable and easy retargetable to different platform. I'm
interested in Jim Hendrix's Small C approach which use a table to
associate p-code and 8086 assembly string code. If the translation table
stored in a file, the user of the compiler can retarget the compiler
without rebuilding the compiler.

I want to use that approach, but Jim Hendrix's p-code cannot handle
variative data structure in ANSI C specification. And it seems that the
p-code designs to suit to Accumulator Based Machine (it has only 2
integer registers).

Does anyone know a different kind of p-code which is more general ? Any
suggestion regarding this is very welcome.

I appreciate any help and suggestion. Thank you.

Stephen Suryaputra
Electrical Engineering Dept.
Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Surabaya

e-mail : stephen.suryaputra@icon.singnet.com.sg