awk to C translator?

rathodr@ga.bis.adp.com (Rick Rathod)
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 05:00:27 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
awk to C translator? rathodr@ga.bis.adp.com (1995-06-23)
Re: awk to C translator? nino@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (1995-06-27)
Re: awk to C translator? joe@sanskrit.ho.att.com (1995-06-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rathodr@ga.bis.adp.com (Rick Rathod)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 05:00:27 GMT

If anyone has information on an awk to C translator, I would greatly
appreciate an e-mail or a reply. I read of such a tool in O'Reilly &
Associates' "sed & awk" book in Ch. 10: The Bottom Drawer.

As the book mentioned, the awkcc program produces a C source program
from an awk script. Relative tests show an increase in performance by a
factor of 6 (in the best case.) awkcc is written by Christopher
Ramming. I have attempted calling the supplied US phone number, but
the number is now disconnected.

Any clues would be helpful.

Rick Rathod
rathodr@ga.bis.adp.com