C: Which Grammar to Use?

akv@srl03.cacs.usl.edu (Anil Vijendran)
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 05:47:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C: Which Grammar to Use? akv@srl03.cacs.usl.edu (1995-03-22)
C: Which Grammar to Use? det@sw.stratus.com (David Toland) (1995-03-30)
Re: C: Which Grammar to Use? ophir@actcom.co.il (1995-04-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: akv@srl03.cacs.usl.edu (Anil Vijendran)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 05:47:17 GMT

Folks!

I'd appreciate if you could give me some opinions on which C grammar
is "better" than the others for building a compiler. I'm planning to
build one for my compilers course. I have some experience using the
K&R grammar though not for a compiler; I used it to build a C program
database (an AST representation in a LISPish style).

I've heard of/seen the following grammars:

K&R
James Roskind's
The one in Harbison and Steele's C: A reference manual.

Thanks for your time.
Anil K Vijendran USL Box 43007, Lafayette, LA 70504-3007
akv@cacs.usl.edu (318) 232-5502 [H]