Re: circular attributes

assmann@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de (Uwe Assmann)
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 10:29:03 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
circular attributes sreedhar@bluebeard.cs.mcgill.ca (V.C. SREEDHAR) (1995-02-22)
Re: circular attributes assmann@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de (1995-02-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: assmann@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de (Uwe Assmann)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 10:29:03 GMT

"V.C. SREEDHAR" <sreedhar@bluebeard.cs.mcgill.ca> writes:
|> Can any one point to me references to Circular Attribute
|> Grammars and Attributed Trees and Graphs
|> (their evaluation for both incremental updates and exhaustive
|> computation). I have a few references that I got from
|> previous TOPLAS issues and from LNCS series.
|> I particularly interested in application of circular
|> attributes for data flow analysis.

There was some nice work on attribute grammars working on graphs at the
last CC94 in Edinburgh:

Gorel Hedin
An overview of door attribute grammars
5th International Conference on Compiler Construction (CC94)
Edinburgh
Lecture Notes in Computer Science 786

Gorel also published a thesis on that (contact Gorel.Hedin@dna.lth.se).

You can also look at the work of PROGRES, the tool for
attributed graph grammars from Uni Aachen, contact
Andy Schuerr (andy@i3.informatik.rwth-aachen.de).

--
Uwe Assmann
Universit"at Karlsruhe