Journal of C Language Translation, Dec 94

johnl@iecc.com (John Levine)
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 05:34:24 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Journal of C Language Translation, Dec 94 johnl@iecc.com (1995-02-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: johnl@iecc.com (John Levine)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 05:34:24 GMT

The rather tardy December issue of the Journal of C Language Translation,
which I edit and publish in my spare time when I'm not doing
comp.compilers, is finally in the mail. The JCLT addresses topics of
interest to C and C++ compiler designers and writers, library writers, and
other producers of C tools. The JCLT is printed on old-fashioned paper
and costs money; for subscription info send a note to info@jclt.com.

We're always looking for people to write articles, and have even been
known to pay small amounts of money. You can FTP author guidelines from
iecc.com:pub/jclt, or send me mail.

Table of Contents for the December issue, Volume 6, Number 2:

8. What's in a Byte? --- P.J. Plauger

How C and C++ store scalar data

9. Standardizing C++: 1994 Part 2 --- John Micco

WG21+X3J16 continues to evolve the C++ language specification

10. C Standards Update --- Douglas A. Gwyn

Gwyn discusses recent progress on changes to the C Standard

11. NCEG Progress Report --- Linda Stanberry

NCEG works on their technical report and C9X

12. Management of Class Temporaries in C++ Translation Systems --- Kent G.
Budge, James S. Peery, Allen C. Robinson, and Michael K. Wong

The performance of C++ programs that use value classes currently leaves a
lot to be desired.

13. Why Compare} Dropped C++ --- T.B. Dinesh

A cautionary tale of C++

14. Miscellanea --- John Levine

The usual calendar of events, news, products, and services

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@iecc.com