book about lcc, a retargetable C compiler

cwf@research.att.com
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 20:58:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
book about lcc, a retargetable C compiler cwf@research.att.com (1995-02-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: cwf@research.att.com
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 20:58:00 GMT

The book that tours lcc

    A Retargetable C Compiler: Design and Implementation.
    Christopher W. Fraser and David R. Hanson.
    Benjamin Cummings, 1995.
    ISBN 0-8053-1670-1.

is now available. It can be ordered from Addison Wesley (BC is part of
AW) at 800/447-2226. Their "publisher's reference price" was $60.25
when I last heard, but I'm told that this is like a "suggested retail
price", that publishers dislike competing with their customers
(bookstores), and that bookstores usually charge less.

I'm also told that it might take 5-6 weeks before it becomes available
internationally. The AW international sales office (617/944-3700
x5190) says that they'll handle individual orders for the price of the
book and arrange delivery (express mail, slow boat, etc) at cost.

Chris Fraser, AT&T Bell Laboratories