Compiler positions available for week ending January 29

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 13:00:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-01-30)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2012-01-29)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2017-01-29)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-01-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 13:00:00 GMT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 17:27:34 -0500
From: Mark Keil <keil@ch.hp.com>
Subject: Debugger/Parallel Debugger/Performance analysis Engineering opeinigs

  | SOFTWARE ENGINEERING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT |
  | HEWLETT-PACKARD's MASSACHUSETTS LANGUAGE LABORATORY |

  DEBUGGER AND SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
  We have several positions available for experienced
  language engineers to work on our state-of-the-art
  debugger. We have exciting plans to extend the
  capabilities of this debugger in several areas, all
  on the cutting edge of debugging technology. A BSCS
  (MSCS preferred) and 4 years experience in UNIX
  software development, including compilers, debuggers,
  or other language tools is required.

  PARALLEL DEBUGGING AND PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS TOOLS
  We need software engineers experienced with parallel
  applications development tools, such as parallel
  debuggers and performance analysis tools for
  parallelized applications. A MSCS or PhD and 5+ years
  experience with software development tools is required.
  Significant development experience with PVM, MPI, SMP,
  concurrentization, clusters, etc. is strongly desired.

  HEWLETT PACKARD - WHERE YOUR INPUT SHAPES THE FUTURE
  At Hewlett Packard, the emphasis is on innovation.
  That's why we maintain a flexible and informal
  atmosphere and how we continue to achieve
  technological breakthroughs. If you want to be in
  an environment that fosters individual growth and
  discovery by allowing you to shape the future, then
  talk to us about the above software engineering
  positions.

  The above positions are in HP's Massachusetts Language
  Laboratory in Chelmsford, MA. We supply compilers and
  software development tools for HP's industry-leading
  commercial and workstation UNIX systems.

  Please forward your resume to:
  Hewlett-Packard Company
  Staffing Department, attn: RE#1102
  300 Apollo Drive
  Chelmsford, MA 01824

  Or you can Email your resume TO: mllres@apollo.hp.com
  with a subject as "RE1102"

  Hewlett-Packard offers an excellent salary and benefits
  package, including profit sharing, stock purchase, and
  401(k) plan. Hewlett-Packard Company is an equal opportunity/
  affirmative action employer. Candidates must have legal
  authorization to work in the United States.

-------------------------------

From: CIS csfacsch <csfacsch@cis.udel.edu>
Subject: Faculty Position in Computer Systems
Date: 27 Jan 1995 18:23:50 GMT

                                  UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE

                      Faculty Position - Computer Systems

The University of Delaware, centrally located on the East Coast, within
day-trip distance of New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington,
invites applications for one tenure-track assistant professor position in
the Department of Computer and Information Sciences beginning September 1,
1995. Excellent candidates are sought in systems-related areas including
operating systems, parallel and distributed computing, computer
architecture, and compilers. Responsibilities of the position include
research, pursuit of external funding, supervision of graduate student
research, and graduate and undergraduate teaching. A Ph.D. degree or its
equivalent is required.

The Department offers bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees and has
15 tenure-track faculty, 3 visiting faculty, and 5 research faculty, along
with about 100 graduate students, a majority of whom are pursuing the
Ph.D. The Department has excellent research computing facilities and is
well connected with gateways to major networks.

Candidates should send a curriculum vitae to Dr. Adarsh Sethi, Chair,
Faculty Search Committee, Department of Computer and Information Sciences,
University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716. In addition, candidates should
have three confidential letters of reference sent directly to the above
address or by email to csfacsch@cis.udel.edu. All applications received by
February 10, 1995 will be considered.

The UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer which
encourages applications from Minority Group Members and Women.

-------------------------------

Subject: COBOL tools in Maryland
Date: 27 Jan 1995 19:57:14 GMT

We are a leading software tools company expanding our COBOL
language analysis products. Mainframe experience preferred.
Strong C skills, parser experience, and Unix familiarity required
for programmers. Other related positions also available.
Our hypothetical "ideal candidate" has written a COBOL-to-C
translation program using GMD Cocktail as a master's project,
and has professional experience in a heterogeneous environment
involving Unix, IBM mainframes, and Windows.

For best results, reply with resume to arthur@mccabe.com,
or fax to (410) 720-0192. If you don't mind being mixed in
with people responding to newspaper ads, send physical mail to:

COBOL search
McCabe & Associates
5501 Twin Knolls Road Suite 111
Columbia, MD 21045