Re: Data breakpoints in debuggers

Tommy.Thorn@irisa.fr (Tommy Thorn)
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 21:36:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Data breakpoints in debuggers perobert@asylum.cs.utah.edu (1994-12-01)
Re: Data breakpoints in debuggers Tommy.Thorn@irisa.fr (1994-12-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Tommy.Thorn@irisa.fr (Tommy Thorn)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 21:36:22 GMT

Paul Roberts writes:
| As part of the research I need to compare with other debuggers. If you
| know of other debuggers that implement watchpoints, please let me know.
| In any case, if you know the debugger or can cite a reference for the
| debugger on these OS's, please respond. Thanks!

The SuperTrace debugger for the NasCom II (a Z80 based machine) ~82
supported general expression break points. It would compile the break
expressions. It used single stepping.

Microsoft C (for Messy-Dos) in ~87 came with a debugger called
CodeView, quite good for the time. It supported data breakpoints, on
specific locations. It used single stepping.
--
Tommy.Thorn@irisa.fr <A HREF="http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~tthorn">Web</A>