Elfen magic

djones@corp.megatest.com (Dave Jones)
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 23:59:55 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Elfen magic djones@corp.megatest.com (1994-11-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: djones@corp.megatest.com (Dave Jones)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 23:59:55 GMT

Hello there.

I need to port some debugger type software to Sun OS 5.3, which uses
the ELF format for executables.

I can't figure out how to get the function-parameter information for
functions in shared libraries. I want to print the names and values
of parameters in stack-traces. The info doesn't seem to be in the shared
library itself. That's a drag. Apparently you have to keep the dot-o files
laying around. But I still need to know how to associate a function in a shared
library with the dot-o file. I've tried decyphering the shared library file,
but to no avail. I really need a Rosetta Stone.

                      Thanks,
                      Dave