Re: Wanted: Info on LINC

jb@crl.com (John Birchfield)
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 13:49:44 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Wanted: Info on LINC ferhath@ozemail.com.au (1994-11-09)
Re: Wanted: Info on LINC jb@crl.com (1994-11-11)
Re: Wanted: Info on LINC av230@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (1994-11-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: jb@crl.com (John Birchfield)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 13:49:44 GMT

I believe link stands for Logic Information Network Compiler or
something like that. When I worked on a Burroughs A Series machine the
shop used LINC for generating applications. At that time LINC generated
a DMSII database and the set of COBOL programs that accessed it. It
was/is a 4GL.

Of course LINC has probably changed significantly in the last 5 years,
from the tone of the posting it sounds like it has disappeared.

-jb