I-cache performance tuning tools

krste@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU (Krste Asanovic)
Fri, 14 Oct 1994 21:03:31 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
I-cache performance tuning tools krste@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU (1994-10-14)
Re: I-cache performance tuning tools mark@hubcap.clemson.edu (1994-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.arch,comp.compilers
From: krste@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU (Krste Asanovic)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 21:03:31 GMT

I'm searching for GPL or public domain tools that rearrange
executables to improve instruction cache performance, either
heuristically or by using fed-back profiling information. Ideally, the
tools would work with the GNU tools (gcc/gprof/gld/libbfd) and/or MIPS
ECOFF/ELF binaries. I know of "cord" supplied with SGI IRIX systems.

Also, any references to papers on this topic would be much
appreciated.

Please email me and I'll post a summary if I get any responses.

Thanks,
--
Krste Asanovic email: krste@icsi.berkeley.edu
International Computer Science Institute, phone: +1 (510) 642-4274 x143