Need FORTRAN grammar for lex & yacc

anil@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu (Anil Dedhia)
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 01:31:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need FORTRAN grammar for lex & yacc anil@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu (1994-10-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: anil@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu (Anil Dedhia)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 01:31:42 GMT

Hi,

I am developing a FORTRAN information extractor system as an assignment.
I would like to have Lex/Yacc grammar for this. I have already seen
FORTRAN 77 subset parser (ftn) by John Levine, and I was wondering if there
is a more complete version available _with_ lex grammar. Email is
preferable.

Thanks a lot,
Anil
[I would be astonished if you ever found a lex scanner for Fortran. It's
not at all suitable. You can find a full f77 parser in f2c, the Bell Labs
Fortran to C translator. It uses a yacc parser and a hand written lexer,
just like I did. -John]