Coral to Ada translator ?

Peter Burwood <pjb@arcangel.demon.co.uk>
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 23:07:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Coral to Ada translator ? pjb@arcangel.demon.co.uk (Peter Burwood) (1994-09-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Peter Burwood <pjb@arcangel.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 23:07:42 GMT

I'm looking for a Coral(*) to Ada translator or for papers describing the
techniques used in automatic source translation.

About 9 years ago, I did some work on a Coral 66 to Pascal translator
using Prolog, but the requirement disappeared, my work was halted and I no
longer have any references. The program worked by doing syntax tree
transformations, but I'm sure there are alterative (better?) techniques
available.

I know automatic source code translators exist, but I haven't come across
one for Coral to Ada in the comp.compilers FAQ's. Alteratively, could
someone point me to the source code for a good code translator or
translation tool that would be suitable as a basis for a Coral to Ada
translator. I appeciate that automatic code translators often cannot cope
without some manual intervention, but given the amount of code that needs
to be converted, anything is almost better than nothing.

(*) Coral was used by a lot of UK defence companies before Ada.

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards,
Pete
-- Email: pjb@arcangel.demon.co.uk