Re: Compilers course/Mss. for review

M. Manoj Kumar <manoj@india.hp.com>
Mon, 19 Sep 1994 09:23:32 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compilers course/Mss. for review nathan_wilbur@pws.com (1994-09-18)
Re: Compilers course/Mss. for review manoj@india.hp.com (M. Manoj Kumar) (1994-09-19)
Re: Compilers course/Mss. for review schrod@iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de (1994-09-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: M. Manoj Kumar <manoj@india.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 09:23:32 GMT

Mary Thomas (mary_thomas@pws.com) writes:
> ... with Yacc and Lex (or Bison
> and Flex) as the lexical/parser tool. Although he'd like to be able to
> use C++ as the implementation language, he says doesn't have a
> lexical/parser tool geared to C++ available to him, and he suspects that
> there really isn't one readily available.

I don't get this. There is nothing to stop you from writing C++
semantic actions in either lex or yacc. Neither tool cares much about
what is inside the braces. The only trouble is that the memory
leak problem mentioned in another thread is even worse here, because
it's not just memory that is not freed, it's destructors that are
not called.

--
M. Manoj Kumar manoj@india.hp.com
(on contract from) Heuristix Systems